Our buddy Jenny of Clean Eating Gluten Free Foodie has done it again with this mouthwatering and easy to ‘bake’ treat. Naturally gluten-free and full of flavor, this Mug Cake is going to be a late night staple for us with the added bonus of 20g of protein! Plus, when you don’t want to bake a whole cake or brownie pan, this recipe will give you exactly what you want to satisfy your cravings.
Here is the recipe:
– 1 tube (4oz) Dutch Chocolate ProYo High Protein Frozen Yogurt
– Optional: 1 tube (4oz) Vanilla Bean ProYo High Protein Frozen Yogurt
– 1 tsp raw organic agave
– 1 tsp organic cocoa powder
– 1/2 tsp baking powder
– 1/4 cup gluten-free flour (substitute with regular, organic flour if you are not gluten-free)
–Take the 1 tube of 4oz. Dutch Chocolate ProYo out of the freezer and left it soften a bit. Tip:The more melted your ProYo is, the lighter your cake. If you want denser cake like a brownie then keep it semi-frozen. This is up to your personal liking.
– Combine flour, cocoa powder and baking soda together.
– Sift it onto a paper plate or a piece of parchment paper, set aside when it is done.
– Squeeze out the Dutch Chocolate ProYo into a bowl and stir in the agave.
– When the ProYo mixture is combined, fold your parchment paper in half and pour the dry mix into the ProYo mixture.
– Stir the ingredients together until the batter is even.
– Lightly spray a microwave safe mug or ramekin with organic spray oil.
– Pour batter into the mug or ramekin.
– Place in the microwave and set for 1-2min (depending on miicrowave settings) Tip: When the batter rises like a soufflé, then stop the microwave and take it out the mug. The cake will settle back down and surface should be visually cooked.
– Eat right away or top with a tablespoon of Vanilla Bean ProYo. Enjoy!