What’s says summer food more than S’mores? We’re delighted to partner with one of the most inspiring and FUN bloggers we know, Abbey of The Butter Half (yep, we spelled that right), to create a S’mores inspired ice cream sandwich that’ll have the whole family screaming for ice cream.
Here is the recipe:
– 1 cup (2 sticks) cold butter
– 3/4 cup brown sugar
– 3/4 cup baker’s sugar
– 2 eggs
– 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
– 2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
– 1 teaspoon baking soda
– 2 teaspoons cornstarch
– 1/4 teaspoon salt
– 2 1/2 cups milk chocolate chips
– 2 containers of Vanilla Bean ProYo Low Fat Ice Cream
– 3-4 graham cracker sheets
– 8 large marshmallows
– Add butter to stand mixer with paddle attachment fitted. Cream on high until pale yellow and smooth. Add sugars, eggs and vanilla extract. Mix on high for three to four minutes until butter and sugar mixture is pale and smooth. Slowly sift in flour, cornstarch, baking soda and salt. Mix on medium speed until well combined. Fold in the chocolate chips. Cover and chill dough in freezer for twenty to thirty minutes.
– While dough is chilling, mix together the ProYo Ice Cream and graham crackers in a bowl. Cover and freeze until ready to use.
– Preheat over to 350. Use cookie scoop to form dough balls and place six at a time on baking sheet so they have room to expand. Bake for 12-14 minutes or until golden.
– Melt marshmallows over the fire or grill. Scoop ice cream mix on a cookie, top with two melted marshmallows, and sandwich with another chocolate chip cookie on top. Enjoy!